Your Local Heat Pump Repair, Replacement & Installation Services
Heat pumps are important because they supply your home with both heating and cooling. So, as a homeowner in the Greater Boston Area, it means finding a reputable HVAC company to work with.
Don't wait until you are in the midst of a crisis to try to find a professional to address your heating contractor service needs. Do the preliminary screening work before an emergency arises so you know who you trust to call for repairs!
Heat Pump Repairs
A heat pump can be a wonderful option for heating and cooling your Boston area home, but because heat pumps are slightly different than most other HVAC systems, they require a bit of special care when it comes to servicing them. If you find yourself in need of comprehensive heat pumps repairs to restore comfort to your home, give McMahon Plumbing & Heating, your local heating pros in the Greater Boston area, a call today and let us provide you with the service you need to restore comfort to your home. Are you looking for a professional Boston area heating company who can provide you with the heat pump repairs you need to keep your system operating its best? If so, give our team of skilled professionals a call today and let us show you the kind of quality results that have helped make us one of the most trusted heating contractors the Boston area has to offer.
Some issues with your heat pump you can prevent and others are unavoidable. What matters most is that you have a pro to call on when you find yourself in need of heat pump service.
- Has your outside unit frozen up? In the winter, outside components of your heat pump may be covered in ice and the defrost cycle usually does away with that. However, if a heavy coat of ice forms, it means your system is icing up and frozen over.
- Believe it or not, summer icing can be a problem too. That's because something like a refrigerant leak or clogged filter is causing the line to freeze up. Shut the system down to prevent further damage and call in your heating and air conditioning expert.
- During winter or summer, if your system is running constantly, you need to have it checked out. First, establish that the thermostat is set to the correct desired temperature. If that is not the issue, let s pro look. Otherwise, you will be spending a fortune on heating and cooling expenses, plus adding unnecessary wear and tear on your heat pump.
Signs That Mean You Need Heat Pump Replacement
A common misconception among the general public is that you'll know when it's time to replace your heating system because it will break down completely. Believe it or not, your heat pump may still be working, but that doesn't mean it can't be replaced.
As the preferred resource for Boston heating repairs, we're also the company to rely on for heat pump replacement service. We'll discuss with you the options you have when your system needs repairs or replacement, but you may be surprised to consider replacing your heat pump for reasons like:
- No longer efficient enough
- Spike in utility costs
- Striving for a greener household
- Frequent repairs
- Unusual noises or smells
It’s not always as cut and dry as you’d like, which would make it easier. Your heater doesn't have to stop working entirely; it just has to stop working the way it once did.
Take Advantage Of A Heat Pump Tune-Up
An effective way to minimize your Boston area heat pump repairs is to schedule preventive maintenance. An annual heat pump tune-up is the ideal way to reap rewards like:
- Prolong the lifespan
- Improve the performance
- Better energy efficiency
- Lower repair and utility costs
- Enhanced airflow
When you buy a new home or have a new heating system installed, you wish it would always perform that well and that efficiently. The good news is that with professional maintenance, it practically will.
However, ignore the need for tune-up service and maintenance, and you’ll be causing your heat pump to perform poorly. You’ll also be causing higher energy bills and additional wear and tear - all of which are avoidable.